Since Adalyn was born, Troy has been the breakfast maker in our family and I love that. He makes a variety of foods including eggs, waffles, pancakes, sausage and more. He does a great job and we love everything he makes.
I have been dreaming of this Greek Egg Casserole for awhile now and decided that I wanted to step in and make a breakfast for the family. I love feta cheese at breakfast and always order it in my omelets. It is so delicious and you do not need much to give your dish a boost of flavor.
Greek Egg Casserole
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Ingredients (Serves 6)
- 1/2 cup Portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 can no-salt added diced tomatoes
- 2 cups baby spinach, finely diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, sliced
- 12 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Spray a baking dish with nonstick spray. Combine vegetables and spread in baking dish.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and spices. Pour over the vegetables.
4. Bake for 20 minutes and then top casserole with feta cheese. Bake for another 10 minutes or until the eggs are cooked through. Top with green onions.
Let stand for a few minutes and then serve.
Powered by Recipage
Recipes you may also like:
Spinach and Bell Pepper Egg Bake
Blueberry Banana Granola Bars
Pina Colada Baked Oatmeal
Check out The Nutritionist Reviews Breakfast Pinterest board for more healthy and fun recipe ideas!