It turned out excellent! This recipe is a little bit of a labor of love meaning that it is not the simplest of recipes but it makes a really fun summer healthy dessert. It can be enjoyed by both kids and adults.
Homemade Healthy Rainbow Sherbet
Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
- 2 cups cantaloupe, diced and frozen
- 2 cups honeydew melon, diced and frozen
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 banana, frozen
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- ~2 cups of milk
1. In a food processor, blend cantaloupe with milk (just enough to get things moving). Transfer to a container and place in freezer.
2. Clean out food processor. Next, blend honeydew with a small amount of milk. Transfer to a container and place in freezer.
3. Clean out food processor. Finally, blend strawberries, banana, protein and milk.
4. In a container, scoop out the three flavors next to each other. Serve immediately or let freeze for 1 hour and serve.
Powered by Recipage
If you let it freeze completely before serving, allow some time to partially thaw as it can be very firm.
For this recipe, I used Purely Inspired Organic Protein 100% plant-based nutritional shake which worked well in this recipe to give a boost of protein and nutrients. The protein mix is dairy, gluten and soy free. Flavors include French vanilla and decadent chocolate.
Each serving has 20 grams of protein, 7 grams fiber, 2 grams sugar and is 130 calories. It contains an organic fruit and veggie blend with spinach, broccoli, flax and blueberry. It contains a blend of proteins including organic pea protein and organic brown rice protein. You can now find Purely Inspired Organic Protein at Sam’s Club! The large 2 pound tub is only $19.97!
Check out The Nutritionist Reviews recipes Pinterest board for more healthy and fun recipe ideas!
Like this recipe? Check out other similar recipes:
Disclosure: This is a sponsored recipe by Purely Inspired. All opinions, recipe and text are my own.