We start by getting a cup of coffee and then one by one, we open our stockings. My mom puts a lot of effort into our stockings so we spend time opening them slowly. Then, we open presents one at a time. This past year, we greatly reduced the number of presents that we got each other which I loved because the meaning of Christmas is not about presents.
Of course, I want Adalyn to have a normal Christmas morning though so she gets presents to open. This is one of my favorite mornings of the year and it means so much to me. After we open all of the presents, we eat a delicious breakfast. My mom often makes a breakfast casserole such as something with eggs along with a sweet casserole such as French toast or cinnamon rolls.
Brown Sugar Pecan French Toast Casserole
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
- 14 slices bread of choice- whole grain preferred
- 2 cups milk
- 6 eggs
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 large banana, sliced
1. Spray a 9 x 13 casserole dish with nonstick spray. Cut bread into 1 inch cubes and place in dish.
2. Whisk together milk, eggs, protein, maple syrup, vanilla and cinnamon. Pour over bread cubes. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
3. The next morning, mix together brown sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over French toast. Top with pecans.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake for about 25-30 minutes until bread is baked through with no extra liquid.
5. Top with banana slices and drizzle with maple syrup as desired.
Powered by Recipage
This recipe uses Purely Inspired Organic Protein 100% plant-based nutritional shake which worked well in this recipe to give a boost of protein and nutrients. The protein mix is dairy, gluten and soy free. Flavors include French vanilla and decadent chocolate. Each serving has 20 grams of protein, 7 grams fiber, 2 grams sugar and is 130 calories. It contains an organic fruit and veggie blend with spinach, broccoli, flax and blueberry. It contains a blend of proteins including organic pea protein and organic brown rice protein.
Like this recipe? Check out other similar recipes:
French Toast Kebabs with Chocolate Hazelnut Drizzle
Banana Split Overnight Oats
Greek Egg Casserole
Vegetable Breakfast Skillet
Pina Colada Baked Oatmeal
Check out The Nutritionist Reviews recipes Pinterest board for more healthy and fun recipe ideas!