Pizza for breakfast? Yes! Why not? I have had this delicious breakfast pizza on my "must make" recipe list for the longest time and finally got around to trying it out. I am so glad that I finally got the chance to make it. You could use a regular pizza crust, naan or flatbread if you want but I thought that it would be really fun making a crispy hash brown crust instead.
***Keep reading for a Visa gift card + Eggland's Best Eggs giveaway!
First, you make the hash brown crust and cook it until crispy. Then, you top that with a sprinkle of cheddar cheese. I sautéed my vegetables and bacon for extra flavor and so that they would be soft and not too firm. It turned out really well! I cooked my eggs over easy and they cooked to over medium in the oven and was happy having the eggs a bit drippy.
This would be a fun weekend breakfast or could be made ahead of time and enjoyed through the week. The hash browns just will not stay as crispy but they will still taste good! It reheats pretty well and tastes good with a bit of ketchup or hot sauce on top.
Breakfast Pizza with Hash Brown Crust
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 1/2 cups frozen shredded hashbrowns, defrosted
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 5 stalks asparagus, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Eggland's Best eggs
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray an oven safe skillet with nonstick spray. Mix the ingredients together for the hash brown crust and press into the bottom of skillet. Bake for 25 minutes until crispy.
2. Meanwhile, saute bacon pieces and vegetables together until vegetables are soft and bacon is crispy- about 5 minutes.
3. Cook eggs in olive oil according to preference (over easy works well as they finish up slightly in the oven).
4. Remove hash brown crust from oven. Top with shredded cheese, then bacon and vegetables and top with eggs. Return to oven and cook until cheese is melted- about 3 minutes.
5. Slice and enjoy!
Powered by Recipage
For this recipe, I used Eggland's Best eggs. I love cooking with eggs because they are nutrient rich and a great source of protein. They can be enjoyed for any meal or snack which makes them very versatile. Eggland's Best eggs stay fresher than longer than regular eggs meaning you can stock your fridge with them for longer.
They are only 60 calories each, have 10x more vitamin E and 25% less saturated fat than regular eggs. They have 5x more vitamin D, 3x more vitamin B12, 38% more lutein, more than 2x the omega-3. You can find these at your local grocery store. They taste fresh and delicious! We love eggs in my family! They are celebrating 25 years of making these eggs! Their hens are fed an all-vegetarian diet of healthy grains, canola oil and a supplement with rice bran, alfalfa, sea kelp and vitamin E.
Eggland's Best is having a 2017 Eggland's Best "Foodtography" contest. Just create a recipe using Eggland's Best eggs by 4/12/17 for a chance to win $5,000. Each dish must use at least two whole Eggland's Best Eggs and you have to submit two photos of your recipe. You may submit up to two photos in each of the four categories: Brunch, Appetizer, Main course, and Dessert. You can visit the Eggland’s Best website to find more information and official rules about the contest.
- (1) Grand Prize Winner: $5,000 and a year’s supply of Eggland’s Best eggs
- (4) Finalist Winners: $1,000 and a year’s supply of Eggland’s Best eggs
- (20) Semi-finalist Winners: A year’s supply of Eggland’s Best eggs
GiveawayThe giveaway will be for a $25 Visa gift card and a coupon for a free carton of Eggland's Best eggs.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Try these other recipes using eggs:Brown Sugar Pecan French Toast Casserole
Vegetable Breakfast Skillet
Greek Egg Casserole
Spinach and Bell Pepper Egg Bake
Loaded Breakfast Pizza
Visit The Nutritionist Reviews recipes Pinterest board for more healthy and fun recipe ideas.
Disclosure: I was provided a gift card + coupons + information to facilitate this post. All opinions are my own.